Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update this morning....

We made it through the night just fine. Drew is resting really well without all the crazy things going on at home. You know it's never quiet at our house and really someone is always demanding some sort of attention from Alan or me. We're able to stop and be right here for Drew with any need he has.

He came down to 1/2 a liter yesterday, back up about midnight to a 1 liter and now he's doing good at 1/2 a liter. At home he's been fine at 1/8 a liter with only being turned up to about a 1/4 sometimes at night. So he has needed more oxygen with the pneumonia...but I feel that's to be expected so it has not made us uncomfortable that he's needed more. Actually I feel it's giving him a break right now from working so hard. Also, given his past troubles and pneumonia now I think he's holding his own pretty well!!! He's a very tough little boy.

This morning they were taking some blood and Drew does not have the best veins!! He just smiles and the nurses and doesn't shed a tear..unless he's getting a shot. For some reason you can take all the blood you want but don't put anything in...he doesn't like that :) He gets this from his Daddy and Houston for sure. You never know they're sick unless a test tells you they are, lol. They're tough guys.

Please continue to keep us all in your prayers. Along with Drew, Alan and I are really worn down. I'm so tired and have a terrible cough!! Hannah, Hollise, and Houston are doing great. They didn't like getting dropped of at school today by Mimi...they wanted to sucker her into keeping them all day! They're having a good time at their house. They all love their GrandMama, Mimi, and Gammy but really it's their Papaw's that tend to get all the credit :)

We'll update again after seeing the doctor today. I'm going to get a shower (thank goodness!!) because Mom and Grandmother are coming to visit and bring me some medicine!!!

2 comments:

Lisa McReynolds said...

Michelle...
I'm soooo sorry for all that you're going through...and I can't imagine how TIRED you are!!! BUT, with that said, from personal experience with my baby twin Sydney, Batson is an AWESOME hospital and treated us like we were the only ones there for a week. Don't hesitate to ask those nurses for anything! They'll be glad to help. I proudly have my Batson car tag, proudly donate to them at any chance, and proudly brag about THE Children's Hospital to anyone who will listen.
If you need me to come to Jackson to give you a break, I'll be happy to do so. I SO know what it's like to be there and need relief.
We're all praying for you back here at Moo U....

Lisa McReynolds said...

Michelle...
I'm soooo sorry for all that you're going through...and I can't imagine how TIRED you are!!! BUT, with that said, from personal experience with my baby twin Sydney, Batson is an AWESOME hospital and treated us like we were the only ones there for a week. Don't hesitate to ask those nurses for anything! They'll be glad to help. I proudly have my Batson car tag, proudly donate to them at any chance, and proudly brag about THE Children's Hospital to anyone who will listen.
If you need me to come to Jackson to give you a break, I'll be happy to do so. I SO know what it's like to be there and need relief.
We're all praying for you back here at Moo U....